Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Monday's Munchies! An Artichoke Experiment

Welcome to Monday's Munchies, a day late, yea, I know...This week, one of our newest team members, Wednesdaywandered shared with me this artichoke experiment that went so right! It really needs to be shared! I'll let Wednesday tell us all about it!
Marinated Artichokes
"Yesterday at the grocery I bought frozen artichoke quarters. I thought I'd probably just bake them with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Prowling around in the pantry I found a bottle of tequila lime marinade. On an impulse I decided to experiment. I put the partially thawed artichokes in a foil pan, poured a cup of tequila lime marinade over them, and sat it on the grill for about half an hour. They turned out just incredible. We decided next time we are going to make some garlic toast for them.

They also tasted great as a burger topping. Can't wait to offer that to guests the next time we have a cookout."

Thank you Wednesdaywandered so much for sharing this with us!  If I can find frozen artichokes, I will definitely give this a try!

1 comment:

  1. I love Artichokes and can't get them here - only sometimes - having lived in California most of my "American Life" I really miss them...those and good Avocados!

    ReplyDelete

We welcome all your AWEsome comments!