Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Spotlight on AWEsome! Jade Dumpling Part 2

Welcome to Part 2 of the Spotlight on AWEsome interview with Susan of Jade Dumpling!

Where do you find your inspiration to create?
I find my inspiration from all different places. At the moment most of my art is influenced my Asian themes, tropical things - and big bright colors. I read a lot too and love to surf the web and I find so many fun things to use in my art. I love Japanese stickers and use them in some of my collage pendants along with oragmi papers. Up next is going to be a series of large sushi paintings that will incorporate traditional Asian patterns and designs. I am looking forward to getting my brushes out and just experimenting some!




Would you care to share 3 little know facts about yourself?
1. My dream is to move to Maine- hopefully that is where I will be able to open several Jade Dumpling boutiques on the coast

2. I am currently studying the GMAT and hope to start applying for my PhD in communications or business (I haven’t decided yet!) by the end of 2011.

3. I wrote a children’s book and I am going to finish editing it and then illustrate it and hope to get it published- I would like to finish it before I start any other degree program to space my time out a little!



Susan also wants us to know that she is having a Summer Clearance Sale August 1st- 31st!!!


The Jade Dumpling is getting ready for Fall! To Blast out her terrific summer items she is  offering 30% off everything in the brand new clearance section! Plus you will get fun items packed as a fun surprise just for helping her get ready and revamp the dumpling!
Have fun shopping and thank you!
Come back tomorrow when Susan shares one of her favorite recipes with us!  And while you are here, if you haven't already, enter the earring giveaway!  Just scroll down a bit further ...

Wishing you and AWEsome day!
the AWEteam of Etsy!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Frog! I couldn't get the link to work, but found it in your sold items. I can't wait to see the children's book.
    -Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Maine. It is next door to me. The coastal areas are so nice. Thanks for part two. Great interview!

    ReplyDelete

We welcome all your AWEsome comments!